Whisk API solves data challenges for one of the world’s largest grocers, making their recipe content seamlessly shoppable.
A global grocer launched a new recipe site with Hearst publishers and wanted to connect it to purchase. At the same time, they wanted to upgrade their native iOS app’s recipe-to-store-item matching. They were investing in great food and recipe content but linking it to the latest store items was burning hours of resource for their data teams to manually manage.
Whisk built a custom API using our Food GenomeTM AI to automatically match ingredients to store items. Coupled with Whisk’s API, Whisk’s turnkey recipe site integration allowed their partner to connect the two platforms to their store with one solution.
In 2016, a global grocery giant integrated Whisk on their recipe site to link all their content to the basket. Before this a whole data team had been continually struggling to accurately keep up with changing recipe ingredients and UPC data.
Whisk’s Technology Highlights
Whisk’s solution keeps all recipe & UPC data continually in sync with zero manual input and offers a seamless and fully branded retail experience.
- Custom API to automatically match content to store
- Zero manual input
- Seamless and fully branded retail experience
- 250% Higher CTR Than Standard Shopping List Integrations
- 4x Engagement Rate Of Any Similar Shopping List Functionality And Consistent 5x Industry List “Purchase” Rates With Significant Online Purchase Option
- Saved The Team Significant Manual Data Classification Work Through AI-Powered Automation